Why Join Railroad Workers United?
Are you a North American Railroader who:
Wants a stronger union that can stand up to carrier abuses?
Wants to put an end to the divide and conquer railroad tactics?
Wants your safety issues addressed at the workplace?
Believes rank-and-file railroaders should have a strong voice in their union?
Wants railroad unions to negotiate contracts from a strong united position?
Believes railroad labor unions should lead us in building the strength of organized labor everywhere?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you have come to the right place. Join RWU now and let us help you build rank-and-file power, solidarity, unity and democracy in not only YOUR union but in all the unions across the railroad industry.
Full memberships are also available for spouses, significant others or family members of railroaders as well as for retirees. "Solidarity Membership" is available to others outside of the railroad industry but are supportive of RWU's goals and objectives, usually those in related or auxilliary industries.
Do you want to know more before joining? Then simply email, call or write for more information by CLICKING HERE.
To Join Railroad Workers United
The button above will take you to our "Join RWU Now" page. There you can select the membership category you want and complete the application form. Then you can choose to pay your dues by either credit card or your checking or savings account via Pay Pal. It's that simple!
For those who would rather complete a paper Membership Application and mail it in to RWU, you can CLICK HERE to do so. Print the application, fill it out, enclose a check or money order for at least one year's dues and mail it to the address at the bottom of the page.
What Do You Get When You Join RWU?
When you join Railroad Workers United, you unite with a growing network of railroaders who strive to build unity, democracy and solidarity among the railroad workers of North America. Specifically, when you fill out that application and pay your membership dues, here’s what you get:
- Your personal RWU membership card
- A metal four-color RWU lapel/hat pin
- An RWU poster
- Flyers and leaflets that describe RWU and our current campaigns
- A copy of the current RWU Bylaws
- Stickers with various RWU slogans, including a “No Single Employee Crews” bumper sticker
- A DVD from the 4th Biennial Convention in Chicago
- The RWU newsletter The Highball will be mailed directly to your home each and every issue.
- Discounts up to 25% on most RWU merchandise including hats, T-shirts, books, CDs and more are offered to all members.
- Free (or discounted) bundles of The Highball to distribute to your co-workers each issue.
- Immediate enrollment in our moderated email list serve where you can receive timely news and information from RWU and your fellow RWU members. You may wish to post as well.
- The right to attend the RWU Convention held in the spring of even numbered years with full voice and vote.
- Most importantly, you will become part of a network of like-minded railroaders who are working to make a difference. For advice, encouragement, ideas, and support to assist you in your day-to-day struggles on the railroad, there is no finer network today to be a part of than Railroad Workers United!
Don’t delay, join today!
Become a part of this vibrant railroad workers’ movement for change!
To Renew Your Membership in RWU
For those who have already joined and whose membership is up for renewal, you can renew your membership by clicking on the button above, fill out the type of membership you desire, the application form and method of dues payment.
For those who would rather complete a paper Membership Application and mail it in to RWU, you can CLICK HERE to do so. Print out the application, fill it out, enclose a check or money order for at least one year's dues and mail it to the address at the bottom of the page.
Note: Railroad Workers United is an inter-union cross-craft solidarity "caucus" of railroad workers from all crafts, all carriers, and all unions across North America. We urge you to continue being active in your craft union AND join RWU in building solidarity and strength among all rail workers. Railroad Workers United reserves the right to exclude those who are opposed to RWU’s principles
NOTE: WE ARE NOT A UNION FOR THE PURPOSE OF COLLECTIVE BARGAINING OR REPRESENTATION, AND DO NOT TAKE THE PLACE OF YOUR CRAFT UNION.
Let's have a little fun... Street Dogs - There is Power In a Union
Click on the picket line below ....